AOCR Fellowship Application/Checklist
Members may be nominated for Fellowship in the AOCR who by outstanding contributions to the healing art, to the practice of radiology, to research or for such other meritorious services have reflected credit upon this organization and the osteopathic profession at large. Any member of the college (sponsor) may nominate another member for fellowship.
In order for members to be eligible for nomination for Fellowship in the AOCR, each of the following criteria must be met. One of which, is to have earned a minimum of 150 points based on the rating sheet included with the application.
- Active member of the AOCR for a minimum of ten (10) consecutive years
- Attended a minimum of three (3) meetings sponsored by the AOCR during the previous six (6) years
- Contributed to the education of radiologists as defined by one of the following criteria:
- Presented at least one (1) scientific paper at an AOCR meeting or another body the committee accepts as equal value
- Published a radiology article in an index medicus journal
- Served five (5) or more years as an active residency program director
- Served five (5) or more years as a full time radiology teacher
- Served ten (10) or more years as an active residency trainer
- Served ten (10) or more years as a part time radiology teacher
- Present an exhibit at a minimum of three (3) separate AOCR annual meetings and received a score of seventy (70) or above
- Service to the AOCR as defined by one of the following criteria:
- Member of a major committee
- Chair of a minor committee
- Member of minor committees for a minimum of ten (10) years
- Serve as a Board Member of the AOBR
- Other equivalent service responsibility in the AOA
- Earned a minimum of 150 points based on the rating sheet included with the application
A completed applications includes the following:
- Letter of nomination
- Completed application form
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
All should should be submitted to Carol Houston, Executive Director via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (660-265-3494) or mailed to the AOCR office. Deadline for submission of a complete application is November 1 prior to the Annual Convention.
If approved, the nominee must submit a photo suitable for publication and his/her sponsor should plan to attend the AOCR Annual Convention where the sponsor will present the candidate at the awards ceremony.
Please note that all information submitted will undergo a vetting process by the AOCR.